Hello

My craft room

My craft room
Small view from one side

Pages

Search This Blog

2 in leather band and crystals

2 in leather band and crystals

@ in leather band with crystals

@ in leather band with crystals

Large bangle braclet/watch

Large bangle braclet/watch

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My history of the crafting world.

I must start out by explaining, that I got my first computer in 1996, not long after my husband died, after a long illness and 49 days in a hospice room at the hospital. I got it to take my mind off my sorrow. It opened up a whole new world to me, in many ways. I had always been a crafter of some kind, since a small child, I can still remember, begging my Mom for that set of paints that I wanted,and did enjoy. But the computer world, opened up the world of crafting for me, like never before. Its grown huge, since 96 however with the blogs. I can't tell you how many, I visit and keep as my favorites, its probably close to 100. I really never thought of doing a blog of my own, cause I don't have much to offer in the way of new ideas, and as you can see, I'm not much of a writer. Its been a long winter all ready and its only January, and I find, I do have much to say about the world of crafting and crafters. Its so darn wonderful to see how my passion (crafting) has developed and become such as huge industry, with so many talented crafters. I am retired so that tells you how long I've been crafting for awhile, long before stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby. If I wanted something for crafting, it came from your local Woolworths. So crafting was limited to sewing something, making candles, or hand painting on wooden objects I painted mostly, but then came the world of polymer clay, and I loved it, its was not like what is offered today, but good enough to make jewelry with and that is what I did, after working and cleaning house,my biggest dream in the 80's, was to quit working and be able to sit home and do this, all day. It seemed like the crafting world exploded in the late 80's and in the 90's. With rubber stamping scrapbooking and beading,to name just a few. All I can say is, what a wonderful world, I live in today, anyone can craft, just open a book or look at a blog, or do some shopping online and you will find a way to learn and create. Go for it, don't think about it, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment