Hello

My craft room

My craft room
Small view from one side

Pages

Search This Blog

2 in leather band and crystals

2 in leather band and crystals

@ in leather band with crystals

@ in leather band with crystals

Large bangle braclet/watch

Large bangle braclet/watch

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday, ramblings

I waited for the end of the Oscars to come on the puter and I will just add, really didn't need to wait, I'm glad some people won, who I think deserved it but find the Oscars getting more boring each year. I don't know if its me or the show, but they seem to go on and really mostly seem to drag on anymore. Tonight, I like to mention the Kindle, you see advertised on my blog, both my husband and I got one for Christmas, from our Daughter in law and my step son. They are wonderful, I would tell anyone that they are really a great buy, we both love reading and they are so easy to put into a purse or as my hubby does, put them into his pocket and take it to work. The books are far cheaper when you have a Kindle, which I love, and some are even free, so if you have wanted to check out a new author, or book but didn't want to spend the money, its a great way to do it. The only problem, I am having so far, is with my beloved Crafting books, not much available yet. I love to read about how other artist and crafters, get inspired, and what helps them to do so. I'm also a person who follows many authors in novels,and mysteries and so I can go back and look for books on the Kindle that are long gone in most book stores, its fun to do that if you've missed a book from many years ago.Sometime in the future I want to recommend a book for anyone to read, its true story about a gal who grew up in England and you just won't believe what life was like for her, I sent the book back to my daughter in law so can't remember her name at this moment.
Back to crafting, I'd like to talk about the Cricut tonight too, I got one about a year ago, its fantastic if you are a scrapbooker and of course I do a bit of that too, started a scrap book/journal of my family, to give to my son and Grandkids one day, I started with my Mother and Father, and typed in whatever I know about their history and then gave my view of them as my parents, this way they will have actual facts to enjoy someday, but I have a long way to go with it and get caught up in other crafting projects. The cricut is good for making cards also and I use it for cutting out patterns for tee shirts too. I think I could have gone along with the original size of the Cricut but it was a birthday present so I enjoy the bigger one, unless your interested in making huge cutouts, I don't really think its the one for most. They are great to cut out stuff from material and I do that also. The cartridges are expensive so don't have many yet. Well enough for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment